Dance Trip #1 Disney’s imagination performing arts workshops:
When: Tuesday Oct 18th 4:00 AM and Returning Sunday Oct 23rd 9:45 PM
We will be taking the Amtrak train from the train station early Tuesday Morning. It will be the responsibility of the parent to arrange transportation for your student since we are departing before school hours . There will be a shuttle to and from the Amtrak station once we arrive in Orlando then we will use Disney transportation to and from hotel to parks and workshop facilities.
- students work directly with Disney Teaching Artists, all of whom are dance professionals currently working in the industry
- Dancers work on choreography from iconic Disney Theme Park shows exclusively available in this experience
- Participants are treated as professional cast members in a live production environment
- Students have the opportunity to gain insight into careers in live theater through Q&A with their Teaching Artist
- Your group partakes in the magic of our parks with specially priced tickets
As of July 2022 this trip is at full capacity.
High school Dance Trip #2: National Highschool Dance Festival.
We are in the process of planning this trip and more information will be sent out when available.
When: Wednesday March 1- Sunday March 5 2023
We will be taking a plane to and from Charleston South Carolina to Pittsburgh PA. Hotel will provide a shuttle to and from the Airport in Pittsburgh. Parents are responsible for transportation to and from CHS airport. We suggest getting a TSA pre check for your boarding pass. https://www.tsa.gov/precheck
Wednesday: Travel and settle into a hotel, go out for dinner as a group.
Thursday- Audition day for college scholarships, summer intensives, and dance programs. Dance classes, opening ceremony/concert and dance gala for students.
Friday-Saturday: Classes/ workshops, concerts, performances, dancer social party
Sunday- Closing ceremony and awards, travel to SC.
The estimated cost of the trip is $1,000.00 which includes: roundtrip transportation, lodging, admission to festival, dance classes, Students would have to pay for meals, snacks, suvenioirs
Fundraising opportunities will be available for this trip starting in September.
Hotel in walking distance to Point Park University.
National High School Dance Festival at Point Park will include:
- Opening ceremony at the Byham Theater featuring a major dance company.
- Scholarship auditions for dance programs and summer intensives in front of prestigious schools from across the country.
- Gala concerts and informal concerts featuring students from high schools across the country and abroad.
- More than 150 master classes led by guest artists and choreographers in Point Park’s state-of-the-art dance facilities. All different dance styles and genres.
- Special Master classes with guest dance company
- Workshops about the college admissions process, careers in arts management, business management, marketing for dance and performing arts, as well as creating and managing a professional dance company.
- Campus tours.
- Closing ceremony at the new Pittsburgh Playhouse where scholarships will be awarded to students.
- Ability to showcase your work as a student choreographer.
- ALL Students from SOA in the past have received numerous summer program scholarships and networked with professional dance staff and dancers from around the nation.
We will be traveling by plane. Only 20 students are allowed to attend this event. Since this provides opportunities for college acceptance and scholarships 11th and 12th graders will have priority for this trip. Then open to 10th and 9th graders.
Middle school Trips:
TBA for the 2022-2023 school year
Middle school Dance day
Blue ropes and Master Dance Class
Gilliard Lecture Demo classes with famous dance companies