Seniors, check out this wonderful opportunity! This CofC audition serves as acceptance into the major, as well as potential scholarship award. Students must apply to the school prior to the audition, and intend to major in dance.
Join us on Saturday, February 1, 2020 for Theatre & Dance Scholarship Auditions
To be eligible to audition/interview, prospective students must complete the following before their scheduled audition date:
1. Complete an application for admission to the College of Charleston.
2. Submit an audition packet to the department containing:
• A cover letter that includes name, address, email, and phone number. Letter should contain a statement of interest and career goals as related to your discipline.
• A resume of your theatrical and creative work.
• One letter of recommendation from a person familiar with your theatrical/creative work or dance training.
Materials must be received no later than January 17, 2020. Your audition/interview will be scheduled once all packets are received. DANCE applicants should be prepared to participate in a technique class comprised of a ballet barre and modern center. In addition, applicants should prepare a 1-2 minute solo in the genre of their choice. Music should be on cd or downloaded on a phone/ipod/mp3 player. Dancers should wear leotards, pink or black tights (convertible or footless) and ballet shoes. Bare feet are required for modern. Hair should be neatly secured away from the face and off the neck. Video submissions are permitted from applicants who are unable to attend. Video submissions must be received by January 17, 2020.
See flyer for submission info. CofC Scholarship Audition Flyer 2020 (1)